Protecting and also boosting our immune system are some of the most important things we can do right now to help slow the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
In sports, there are offensive and defensive strategies used to win the game. You can use the same strategies to improve your health and immunity .
Protecting our immune system, I’ll refer to as the “defensive” strategies. These are the things you have probably heard a lot about in the media: washing your hands with soap and water thoroughly, social distancing, etc. We can’t emphasize this enough, and how each American should play their part in helping control COVID-19.
At the time of this writing, we are in the beginning of a 15 day stint that the White House (in conjunction with the CDC) has issued for ALL Americans. It runs from March 16th through March 31st, at this time. Each American has been asked to participate, and do their part. You can find those instructions and guidelines here.
This post is going to discuss more of the “offensive” strategies you can do at home, on your own. By “offensive”, I mean things you can do to boost your immune system internally, and help protect yourself.
I’ve covered them in the below video, in detail.
In short summation of the video, here are the 5 things you can do at home on your own, to boost your immune function.
- Eat Healthy- Focus on vegetables, fruits, good quality meats, eggs, nuts, seeds, organic dairy, and healthy fats (olive oil, coconut oil, grass fed butter, avocados, and ghee/clarified butter). ELIMINATE or GREATLY REDUCE SUGAR! And also things that are high glycemic, which means they easily convert to sugar in the body (bread, pasta, etc.)
- Movement & Exercise- Movement is an “essential nutrient” for proper brain and immune function. Walk in your neighborhood, or get to an open park. If weather is bad, and you need to stay inside, search online for body weight based exercises that can be performed in your house. But perform 20-30+ of exercise each day.
- Key Supplementation- there are some key nutrients that many individuals are deficient in. These listed below will help boost your immune system the most according to the research:
- Vitamin D3
- Omega 3 Essential Fatty Acids + Vitamin A
- Elderberry Juice
- Vitamin C
- Listen to the above video for specifics on dosages, and details in regards to the supplements.
- Also, Dr. James Chestnut, who lectures and teaches doctors all across the globe, has an in depth document which covers the importance of Vitamin D3, Omega 3’s, and Vitamin A. He covers them specifically in regards to increased immunity, and viruses. You can find the full length document here, which also has the research references listed.
- Proper Sleep- get plenty of it. Meaning 7+ hours each night. Lack of sleep is a stressor to the body, and will decrease your immunity.
- Don’t Worry or Live in Fear- Worry and Fear are stressors to the body, and they will decrease your immunity. There is a lot of negativity right now in social media, on t.v., and across the internet. If you find yourself getting wrapped up in the negativity, unplug from it. Do whatever you need to, but don’t live in fear. This too shall pass. So live in Faith, over Fear. The Bible states in Matthew 6:34 “Don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough troubles of it’s own.” I encourage you to read. I encourage you to go and read the verses Matthew 6:25-34. Take comfort in them, and do not live in worry or fear.
I hope you find these 5 items, and information, helpful. More importantly, I hope you implement them to boost your own immune system.
To Your Health,
P.S. Feel free to share this with family members & friends who you think could benefit from this info.