Patients have heard so much conflicting advice when it comes to nutrition. Much of the advice that is “common knowledge” is actually not the truth, and research doesn’t back it up. Many of the things that patients think are the truth, are actually opposite of what the research shows, and are continued to be communicated to sell products and even some pharmaceuticals.
Some common myths are:
- saturated fat and red meat causes heart disease
- in order to lose weight, you just need to cut calories, and burn more calories
- cholesterol causes heart disease
- vegetable oil is healthier than animal fats
- low fat foods and drinks are healthier for you
- Smaller, more frequent meals are healthier and will help me lose weight
We take a functional approach to nutrition. That means, we have dug into what the research is actually showing. And back that up with not only functional changes in patients’ symptoms and body physique, but also in their blood work normalizing. If you would like to have a nutritional consultation with one of our providers, please contact the office. If you are specifically looking into effective weight loss, then please check out our weight loss page and feel free to contact our office regarding how we can help you achieve your goals.